How to lose weight quickly and effectively is an urgent question for most women and many men. We all want to achieve fast and impressive results at home. However, the huge number of roads that promise this do not satisfy us in the long run and are difficult to bear.
Let's define what we are trying to find in an effective weight loss program:
- Significant decrease in appetite so as not to suffer from insatiable hunger
- Reasonably fast rate of fat loss (not just water! )
- Improving well-being - both physically and mentally
- Normalization of objective indicators of health
For all these reasonable purposes, modern science helps us.
Below we list the basic steps towards a successful path to a slim and healthy body.
Step 1: Strictly restrict digestive carbohydrates
The most important part of success is to eliminate from your diet all kinds of sugar and starchy foods, simply put, sweet, starchy and high glycemic fruits.
This is due to the fact that this food most actively stimulates insulin production. It is this hormone that is directly linked to the accumulation of fat in all depots, among which excess subcutaneous fat looks most staggering.
When insulin levels fall, the body can use up fat stores to produce life energy.
Another positive result is the ability to remove excess water from the tissues, which the kidneys will successfully do as soon as the ubiquitous hormone ceases to scale. As a result, without special preparations, you will lose excess fluid, which made it more voluminous and heavy.
Not surprisingly, people on a low-carb diet lose up to 4. 5 kg in the first week. Often this rate is even higher!
It is noteworthy that by reducing the amount of fat in the diet, people still counted calories and were subjectively malnourished (feeling hungry after eating). At the time, no matter what the carbohydrate-restricted diet was, the followers could eat it until they were full.
The distinct effect of sugar exclusion is the fact that hunger is clearly reduced while the feeling of fullness comes earlier. This leads to the fact that the diet is maintained without extra voluntary effort - on autopilot. Comfortable weight loss is an old dream of millions!
ᲨSummary:Reducing carbohydrates lowers blood insulin, reduces appetite and allows you to lose excess weight without constant hunger.
Step 2: Eat proteins, fats and vegetables
Consistency is important here: all meals should include protein, fat and vegetables.
By following this rule, you will often automatically achieve the goal of limiting carbohydrates - between 25-50 grams per day.
Let's identify useful sources of protein:
- Meat - beef, chicken, turkey, pork, lamb.
- Fish and seafood - pike, perch, salmon, trout, shrimp.
- Eggs - chicken and quail.
The contribution of sufficient protein intake to the agreement cannot be overemphasized. By increasing the consumption of building materials that are essential for our body, we are actively speeding up our metabolism.
Studies show other benefits of a protein-rich diet:
- According to some data, the reduction in general anxiety reaches 60% (! ).
- Reduce night hunger.
- Improving the condition of skin, hair and nails.
When you are wondering how to lose weight fast, it is definitely worth happily introducing the King of Nutrients - Protein!
Let's list the vegetables with the lowest amount of carbohydrates:
- White cabbage.
- Brussels sprouts.
- Bulgarian pepper.
Take a look at the whole list with sharp eyes: here is another secret to the weak tone! Do not be afraid to eat salads! Even 5 large salad plates a day will not allow you to get carbohydrates (25-50 grams per day).
The big bonus of such a diet is the large amount of fiber, vitamins and mineral salts that provide the body with the necessary nutrients and create a high quality regular cleansing.
Remember the sources of healing fats:
- . Olive oil.
- Pumpkin seed oil.
- Butter (in moderation).
- And other vegetable oils.
The first two oils should be used unrefined, cold pressed and not heated during cooking. They contain the omega 3, 6, 9 harmonious combination of essential fatty acids that allow our vessels and nervous system to stay strong and healthy for a long time.
Do not make the mistake of many fans of weight loss and do not combine both diets into one. You should choose low carb or low fat. Otherwise, it is very easy to critically interrupt the diet and dangerously impoverish its composition.
Fractional meals should not bother you: 3-4 meals a day, in equal portions. Or 3 main meals and 1 extra (second breakfast or afternoon breakfast).
Recipes for low carbohydrates are waiting for you on blogs and bookshelves. Decide - and follow the recommendations with confidence! Weight loss and well-being will not last long.
Conclusion:Each meal = protein + fat + low carb vegetables. The target amount of carbohydrates is in the range of 25-50 grams per day.
Step 3: Exercise 3 times a week
This is not a critical requirement, but would be a desirable addition for a successful configuration.
Simple: 3-4 strength exercises per week, according to the classic algorithm, warm-up - weight lifting - stretching.
For starters, it makes sense to turn to a coach for some personal training. Then all the necessary exercises will be explained in detail in real time - on the road. remember! Weighted gymnastics requires careful technique. This is the only way to avoid injury and get results quickly.
Many studies show an interesting fact. Gaining weight gives not so much special calorie expenditure during exercise, but a strong impetus to speed up metabolism after exercise - within 24 hours!
Gaining muscle is also an important gift for young people.
However, if you have categorically unacceptable strength equipment, boilers and barbells, then focus on moderate-intensity aerobic exercise - continuously for 40 minutes. Fast walking, jogging, step aerobics, etc.
ᲨSummary:The best solution for physical education is to do strength training with weight resistance. If not, then aerobic exercise will also work for success. The main thing is to move! Regularly and actively - 3-4 times a week.
Additionally: unloading carbohydrates once a week
For many people, the ideal day to expand their carbohydrate menu is Sunday.
When using such a weekend, you should refrain from excessively harmful sugars (sweets, cakes, ice cream). But you have a window for healthy carbohydrates - grains (buckwheat, millet, rice), potatoes, fruits.
However, you should remember once and for all - only 1 day a week. By increasing the amount of load, you are moving away from the goal of being a lean body under the skin without excess fat.
Consider another unavoidable circumstance: often you gain 1-2 kilograms after exercise. However, once you return to a normal course of nutrition, this weight will quickly disappear as it mainly consists of water stored in the tissues.
Conclusion:Once a week, you can (though not necessarily) supplement the carbohydrate content of your diet with healthy sources of fiber and nutrients.
What about calories and serving size?
Attention to all interested persons! Typically, on a low carb diet, you do not need to count calories and strictly control portion size. Are you interested? This idea is based on a healthy logic: "Protein + fat + vegetable salad from low-glycemic vegetables" In the ideal mixture, it is very difficult to eat excess calories and volume.
But if you really want to count calories, then use an online calculator, for example, using your mobile phone. This is the fastest, most accurate and most convenient way.
ᲨSummary:Regardless of your calorie decisions, focus on your main goal - reduce carbs to 25-50 grams per day and get the rest of the calories from protein and fat.
A few more secrets to losing weight
Also take a closer look at 7 scientifically proven tips:
- Drink plenty of water.Accelerating metabolism and the rate of excess fat loss is the main advantage of an adequate drinking regime. On average, 1 kg should weigh 25-30 ml of clean water. Use the Japanese way: in the morning, as soon as we wake up, we drink 200-300 ml of water. We divide the rest of the water into 3 bottles and carry it with us. During lifeless work we place the bottle on the table in front of us and drink from time to time. So between meals, you can quietly drink the entire daily volume.
- Drink tea and coffee.It has been proven that these drinks speed up the metabolism. Up to 3 teaspoons of coffee without a slide is the average acceptable daily dose for coffee lovers.
- Lots of protein for breakfast.Provides high saturation and long absence of hunger. Increases the rate of weight loss by up to 36% compared to people who do not fortify breakfast with protein.
- In a fiber diet.Increasing the amount of soluble and soluble fiber is a direct way to rapid weight loss, including visceral fat (this is excess fat inside the body, the main marker of which is the accumulation of fat in the middle of the trunk, especially on the anterior abdominal wall).
- Fat burning products. . . A list of such products can be found on many sites. For the most part, these are most often vegetables, green tea, sour milk and some fruits, densely saturated with beneficial nutrients.
- Small plates. . . The method is simple and works for most. Any portion will look like a solid surface plate. Add a Chinese stick-like cutlery to the plate and the eating time will be significantly longer. The saturation signal will have time to enter the brain and you will not have to fight with yourself to leave the table in time. You will easily stop eating because you will be full!
- Get enough sleep. . . Everything is simple and has long been proven by medicine: the hormone ghrelin increases hunger and is actively produced during periods of lack of sleep. In addition, it reduces the production of leptin, which is responsible for the feeling of fullness. A chain of sequential events is inevitable: no sleep for at least 7-8 hours a day - no "will" with restrictions due to a strong feeling of hunger - excess fat mass and their confidence. Possibilities. So get enough sleep to break this vicious circle!
How fast can you lose weight?
In the first week after switching to the nutrition system described above, a person loses an initial body weight of 2. 5 to 5 kilograms. The rate of weight loss in the following weeks ranges from 1-2, 5 kg in the region.
In addition, the classic rules of healthy physiology also work:
- Novice dieters are trying to lose weight faster.
- For experienced heroes, the weight loss process is slower.
- Those who are overweight also have a faster pace compared to their less fat counterparts.
However, everyone is losing weight!
For the first time (up to a week), it is worth considering a strange state of health. This is unquestionable given that it is transitional to burn your own fat supply to ensure the vital functions of the body.
Many people on a carbohydrate diet report energy surges, energy, optimism, episodes of fatigue and drowsiness, and the stability of these positive manifestations on a daily basis.
Despite the many years of stubbornness of nutritionists in their recommendations for fat removal, another way - reducing carbohydrates - leads to quite measurable positive results:
- Normalize blood sugar levels.
- Reduction of triglyceride levels.
- Reduce low-density cholesterol ("bad").
- Increased high-density cholesterol ("good").
- Stabilization of blood pressure within normal limits.
And the most gratifying benefit is that when carbohydrates are low, dieting is easier! That is, mentally, emotionally, and physically, you will feel better than releasing fat without carbohydrates.
Thus, the health benefits are the harmonization of carbohydrate and fat metabolism and good mental and somatic well-being.
You do not need to starve to lose weight!
Separate warning for people with any kind of chronic disease: Consult a doctor before starting a diet!
Above, we have listed the main benefits of a low carb diet. Now you know how to lose weight, and not just fast, but 2-3 times faster than the most balanced diets that require calorie counting and fat restriction.
Medical science has received much evidence that a low-carbohydrate diet restores hormonal balance in the direction of the fat burning vector. We have gathered evidence to improve our overall health. We know hundreds of thousands of reviews about well-being during such diets, about the high feeling of saturation, about the increase of vitality and increased efficiency. That is why our answer to the question "How to lose weight quickly and effectively at home" is a low carb diet.